Our New Zealand local SIM uses the 2 Degrees network, which provide fantastic data plans within all major cities. National voice and 3G data coverage is available through a roaming agreement with Vodafone and 2 Degrees also has great call (NZ$0.44/minute) and SMS (NZ$0.09/SMS) rates to Australia.
Ready to Use - Just add credit
Local New Zealand number and call rates
Nano, Micro or Standard SIM Sizes available
National Coverage on Vodafone network
A range of data plans up to 3GB
Voice and Data Plans
2 Degrees offers the option of subscribing to a Combo pack or using the standard PAYG rates. There are also a range of Data Packs that you can add to a combo plan or the standard PAYG rates.
The following rates apply if you are not subscribed to a combo plan or have exceeded the included value of a combo plan.
All prices in NZD.
|Local Voice Calls||$0.44 per minute|
|Local SMS||$0.09 per SMS|
|International SMS||$0.09 to most countries|
|International Calls||See rates on our Support Page|
|Internet Casual Use||$0.50 per MB|
|2Degrees Care (200)||Free|
|Tethering||Tethering is supported at no charge.|
$19 CarryOver Minute Combo Plan2Degrees has a fantastic $19/month combo plan that includes for each month:
Combo is valid for 1 month and auto renews monthly from date of purchase if you have enough credit and any unused minutes under your Combo that you haven’t used in a month, will carry over to the next month for up to year provided you keep the Combo carryover plan active
- 180 minutes to any NZ number and Australian landlines
- Unlimited SMS to any NZ or Australian mobile
- 1GB of data in New Zealand
Data packs can be added to a combo pack or used with the standard PAYG rates. The data packs are activated by SMSing a codeword to 233 (See support page
|Mobile Broadband Packs||The following data packs are available while connected to the 2 Degrees 3G network:|
- NZ$20 for 1GB (valid for 1 month)
- NZ$50 for 3GB (valid for 2 months)
Your Prepaid SIM
SIMs are available in Micro SIM size (for the iPhone 4, Galaxy S3), Nano SIM (for iPhone 5) and Standard SIM size. We use professional SIM cutters to produce our Micro and Nano size SIMs.
The SIMs are pre-activated and ready to use, all you need to do is add credit (you can have this pre-loaded by us). International roaming is also enabled so you can test the SIM with your phone before you depart.
This SIM does not come with any pre-loaded credit, however when you order your Mobi Passport you can choose to purchase a credit voucher so you can make calls or access the Internet as soon as you arrive in New Zealand. Just select the amount you want to add from the drop down menu and we will provide a voucher with your order. You can add the credit before you depart by dialing *100#. Additional credit can be purchased as part of your order or while you are overseas from our Australia site or our USA Site.
Instructions and User Guides.
Each SIM comes with an english user guide developed by Mobi Passport that contains:
- Important tips and useful information to help you get the best value from your SIM and avoid unnecessary charges
- Instructions to check your balance, recharge while overseas and the validity period for purchased credit
- Voice and Data plan options, how much they cost, how to add them and the APN settings in case you need them.
- Instructions on how to make calls.
- Contact details for support services provided by the carrier and Mobi Passport
Each order comes with a complimentary wallet to stores all of your SIM cards and instructions.
|Ways To Recharge
Over 6,000 Authorised outlets throughout New Zealand.
NZ$20 credit vouchers can also be purchased from our Australia site or our USA Site.
||Credit does not expire
Important Things You Should Know
- Data packs are valid for 1 month and auto renew monthly from the date of purchase or when almost out if you have enough credit.
- 2 Degrees have different data plans on their own network compared to national roaming on the Vodafone NZ network. If you need national roaming it is recommended you get both.
- This is a prepaid SIM and you must have credit on the card before calls can be made.
- We aim to provide as much useful information as we can to help you avoid unexpected charges, however we will not be responsible for any unexpected charges a carrier may impose.
2 Degrees operates a high speed 3G data network in Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, Christchurch, Queenstown and Tauranga. This is currently been expanded to include Whangarei, Rotorua, Taupo, Napier, Hastings, Wanganui, Palmerston North, Levin, Nelson, Dunedin and Invercargill. Throughout the rest of New Zealand, voice and 3G data roaming is supported on the Vodafone Network (Largest network in New Zealand).